2 large links smoked Spanish chorizos (about 250 g)
150 g potatoes
4 medium eggplants
1 garlic, crushed
dried chili peppers, crushed
coarsely ground black pepper
1. Slice the chorizos about 1 cm thick, cube the potatoes, and cut the eggplants into thick strips. I recommend using fresh chorizos instead of dried chorizos. Sprinkle some black pepper and paprika on the potatoes and eggplants. Heat up some olive oil in a wok.
2. When the oil is hot enough, fry the chili peppers and black pepper until you start to smell them. Throw in the garlic and saute until they start to soften.
3. Cook the chorizos until they're light brown and the oil turns red.
4. Throw in the potatoes and stir-fry until they've started to brown but are not yet cooked. Pour in a cup of water and bring to a simmer. Add more pepper or paprika as desired.
5. When around a third or half of the water has evaporated throw in the eggplants and continue cooking until most of the water has reduced and the potatoes and eggplants are cooked, leaving you with a thick oil-based sauce.
6. Squeeze in the juice of the lemon and continue cooking for about three minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro.
Serve with steamed rice.